Who we are
Code Groovers is the commercial software development arm of the Department of Computer Science, Royal Holloway, University of London. Staff and students work together to conceive and develop proven software solutions for our clients using state-of-the-art technologies and methods.
Our goal is to unleash the capacity of younger computer scientists to create high-quality, innovative software, and to offer excellent value for money solutions to our clients.
Projects & Technology
We have experience in a range of technologies and project types, for instance:
2. Mobile Apps Development.
3. Java, Python, C# and .NET based solutions.
4. SQL and NoSQL Databases.
5. A wide variety of Open Source solutions and frameworks.
6. Agile/Scrum-based and Prince2© Project Management experience.
We are also very keen in participating in Proof of Concept projects, e.g. in order to develop prototypes or to evaluate/test specific technologies/solutions.
Clients & Portfolio
Modes of Engagement
We have a very flexible engagement model to best suit our clients’ needs, environment, size, technology expertise, budget and project characteristics.
1. We may integrate as part of a client’s development team to undertake specific tasks, based on client-defined technologies, frameworks and project methodologies.
2. Fixed Scope/Price engagement in which we manage the project and the development team.
3. Cost-Plus arrangements or Hybrid models.
We are happy to discuss options and mutually agree on the most appropriate setup and pricing model.
Sample Projects Delivered
1. Mobile app developent to manage menstrual cycles. Key Technologies: a set of Android technologies/frameworks as established by our client.
2. The Computer Science Department Academic Promotions System. Key Technologies: PHP, MongoDB©.
3. The Computer Science Department Leave of Absence System. Key Technologies: .NET Technology stack
4. The Computer Science Department Intranet Portal. Key Technologies: Microsoft SharePoint© online, .NET.
5. Web application development for mental health support, developed on behalf of a client. Key Technologies: React, Google Firebase, Bootstrap.
We would love to discuss how we may be able to work with you. Just drop us a line and we will get back to you soon.